Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crochet












I have been having fun crocheting some vintage pot holders. I found most of these patterns free on the internet. I think the last one (pink and white) is my favorite so far. I would love to copy the pot holders I bought at the antique fair the other week, but they are too complicated. I am expecting some vintage pattern books I bought any day now, and I hope there are some good pot holder patterns in them. Mom had some good news on her health tests...Yea!



2 comments:

Kim said...

Ooohh Barb.. I love your crocheted potholders. I so wish I could learn to make them myself. Maybe someday I will, but for now I just buy the vintage ones I find in the antique shops. You asked how to display them all. I display mine two different ways. I have a bunch of them displayed in a white wicker basket on a stand in my dining room and some I display on my countertop by hanging them on an old metal coffee mug holder. I know I've shown pictures of both ways in some of my old blog posts, so you should be able to find them by going through my blog archives. Hope that will give you a few ideas on how to display them.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Pamela said...

Hi Barb, your potholders are fabulous. You do such nice work. I like the pink & white one as well.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I've thought a lot about what I'll use to attache the trim. BH&G suggest tiny brads but I'm not so sure of that. I'm thinking a water soluable glue that I can clean off both the wood and the fabric at a later date might work.