Friday, March 12, 2010

Vintage Avon Cotillion


Here's some more of my vintage Avon collection. The first picture is a page from a 1965 Avon catalog I have. My picture doesn't show the true pretty pink color. One tip on dating the age of the containers is if the address for Avon on the bottle label has a zip code. Zip codes were introduced about 1963. Cotillion fragrance was introduced in the 1930's and had a completely different bottle design. The design I have was started in 1961 until 1974. I think it is a lovely design.

3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for your sweet comment :)
Love the doily you made!!! Your collection is so pretty. The "good old days" of Avon!
Happy weekend.
Deb :)

Just Between Us Girls said...

Hello Barb,
You have done a spectacular job of displaying this lovely collection. It must have taken forever to collect all these grand items. I love it. Great. Stop in to see me and leave a comment on my daughters blog also...you can find a link to her new blog under my header. Ohhh she would love that.
So fun to visit with you.
Love and hugs,
Pat

DLOBR said...

I remembers those days.Growing up my mom was an Avon Lady and she did collectables.
I'm a New Avon Rep,if you still like Avon and would like to place an order,its direct delivery and free shipping.